Interface Masters Technologies has unveiled the Niagara 4232-4LX, a 40-Gbps PacketMaster and hardware-based load balancing system. The Niagara 4232-4LX is designed to complement network monitoring tools to enable filtering, mirroring, and sophisticated session-based traffic distribution and aggregation.
The support of 40-Gbps and 10-Gbps enables data centers, telcos, and cable MSOs a smoother transition to 40-Gbps networks while preserving the existing 10-Gbps or 1-Gbps monitoring tools, asserts Interface Masters Technologies. In addition, the Niagara 4232-4XL’s software suite can be managed remotely, while its Web GUI enables full control, configuration, and statistics retrieval.
“We are pleased to support the network monitoring tools market. Niagara 4232-4XL is first of its class, 36 ports of 40 Gbps and 10 Gbps combined in a 1U form factor, robust and flexible PacketMaster system built upon leading-edge technologies to address 40-Gbps networks,” states Ben Askarinam, founder and CEO of Interface Masters. “The 40G system bridges existing 10-Gbps networks and new 40-Gbps connections introduced by the expansion of network infrastructures at service providers, data centers, and enterprises.”
The Niagara 4232-4XL provides 960-Gbps of real traffic processing. Features include:
- 4x40-Gbps ports, 32x10-Gbps ports in a 1U form factor
- Power consumption of 200 W
- Traffic distribution, session based load balancing, support of Layer 2, 3, and 4 filtering
- Packet slicing
- MPLS support
- SFP or SFP+ optics (1 Gbps or 10 Gbps)
- Multimedia support (fiber LR, SR, ER, SX, LX, or copper)
- Advanced management via Syslog, TACACS+, RMON, secure WEB, CLI, SSH
- Dual AC or DC redundant removable power supplies for maximum reliability
The product is production ready.
For more information on monitoring tools and suppliers, visit the Lightwave Buyers Guide.