Lucent Technologies (Murray Hill, NJ) and SviazStroy-1 (Moscow) announced the formation of a joint

Lucent Technologies (Murray Hill, NJ) and SviazStroy-1 (Moscow) announced the formation of a joint venture company to manufacture fiber-optic cable to meet the growing needs of network operators in Russia and other countries within the Commonwealth of Independent States. The new company, Lucent Technologies SviazStroy-1 Fiber Optic Cable Co., will be based in Voronezh, Russia, about 500 km from Moscow. Lucent will be the majority owner, with 51%. SviazStroy-1 will own the remaining 49% share.

More in Companies