AFL has another splicer to offer the North American market. The company says the Fujikura 19S fusion splicer, a new fixed V-groove single-fiber device, retains the proven ruggedized features included in Fujikura’s existing designs, but incorporates automated and enhanced user control capabilities to increase splicing efficiency.
“AFL's customers across North America have come to depend on AFL and Fujikura for quality, reliable engineering for their splicing needs. The revolutionary new features incorporated into this new generation of splicers illustrate once again why Fujikura is so dominant in the market,” said Greg Pickeral, product manager, fusion splicing systems for AFL.
The Fujikura 19S fusion splicer offers several enhanced features:
- Automated and programmable wind protector
- Fully ruggedized for shock, dust, and moisture
- Li-ion battery with 180 splice/heat cycles per charge
- 5-mm cleave length for splice-on fiber-optic connectors or small package needs
- Sheath clamp or fiber holder operation
- On-board training and support videos
- Internet software upgrades
- Multi-function transit case with integrated workstation
- Fully compatible with the FuseConnect line of splice-on connectors.
The 19S is the latest in several new field splicers that the company has introduced to the North American market in 2013. Fujikura released the 12S, 12R, 70S, and 70R models earlier this year and plans to release the 19R, a four-fiber ribbon fusion splicer, later this year.
For more information on splicing equipment and suppliers, visit the Lightwave Buyer’s Guide.