MARCH 11, 2008 â�� Fujitsu Network Communications (search for Fujitsu) has unveiled an outdoor enclosure for its FLASHWAVE 4100 Extension Shelf system that spins for full 180° product access. The new enclosure is designed to enable carriers to quickly and cost-effectively deploy and maintain Fujitsu FLASHWAVE equipment.
According to Lee Dayton, senior vice president of the professional services organization at Fujitsu Network Communications, "This cabinet offers many customizable options, including the ability to convert AC power to DC power. The combination of the cabinet's GR 487 CORE design and small form factor, plus the low power consumption of the FLASHWAVE 4100 Extension Shelf itself, will ensure that this cabinet is suitable for extreme outdoor applications."
The new enclosure is part of Fujitsu's range of Network Life Cycle Services offerings. These NEBS Level 3 compliant and UL-approved offerings include:
- Inside/Outside plant engineering and installation
- Standard and custom racks and cabinets for indoor and outdoor applications
- Thermal management systems
- Electrical power trenching, cabling, power systems, distribution, and meter installation
- Backup power and batteries
- Fiber trenching/boring, installation and management
- RF protection and distribution
- Lightning protection
- Cross connect, DS1, DS3, and DSx panels
- Filters and combiners
- Pad site, hut and cabinet construction
- Utility location and local code inspection and compliance
- Call center and on-site field support.
The FLASHWAVE 4100 Extension Shelf offers a 2RU (3.5-inch) modular shelf that supports high concentrations of DS1, DS3, and Ethernet services. All industrial-grade components insure high reliability whether used indoor or in an extreme temperature environment. The FLASHWAVE 4100 Extension Shelf can operate as a standalone SONET system using dual OC-3 and OC-12 connections in Unidirectional Path Switched Ring (UPSR), 1+1 or 0:2 configurations. Recently announced enhancements include an integrated DS1 Network Interface Unit (NIU), DS3 Transmux capabilities, and a universal 10/100/1000-Mbit/sec Ethernet card. The system can also work in conjunction with a FLASHWAVE 4500 Multi-service Provisioning Platform or FLASHWAVE 7500 Reconfigurable Optical Add/Drop Multiplexer.