ASSIA DSL Expresse upgrade aims at 100 Mbps
DSL software tool vendor ASSIA, Inc. has released the latest version of its flagship product, DSL Expresse. The new ASSIA DSL Expresse 2.7 package extends the tool’s diagnostic capabilities, extends its use to multi-tenant applications, and improves its use as an operational tool – all with an eye toward supporting the wide deployment of 100-Mbps services via vectored VDSL.
For example, ASSIA asserts that DSL Expresse 2.7 is the first product to offer advanced network management software for multi-tenant environments. The software enables multiple service providers to use the same software instance simultaneously to optimize their lines’ interplay and performance. This feature provides several benefits, ASSIA asserts:
- improves economies of scale in highly compartmentalized ISPs, as seen particularly in China and other regions in Asia
- accelerated ISP VDSL deployment through management coordination of co-existing copper pairs in preparation for vectoring
- the ability to share infrastructure costs among ISPs looking to introduce new services
- the ability to add a regulatory “super-user” to monitor the quality and performance of the network.
Additional features in ASSIA DSL Expresse 2.7 include:
- Real-time line optimization
- Support for single-ended loop test (SELT) for enhanced diagnostics, cost savings, and service delivery, such as the ability to pinpoint faults and direct dispatches to their exact location
- Time-variable trend detection for lines that experience sporadic, random problems
“The new features in ASSIA DSL Expresse 2.7 address many of the challenges that I’ve heard operators are having with VDSL deployments, such as microfilter detection and diagnostic accuracy,” said Jeff Heynen, directing analyst, broadband access and video, at research firm Infonetics. “Clearly, ASSIA is paying attention and has designed the latest version of its powerful, vendor-neutral DSL Expresse solution to help make VDSL rollouts cheaper, smoother, and faster. Real-time optimization, improved diagnostics, and multi-tenancy support all add up to faster broadband over copper and reduced time to revenue for operators.”
ASSIA DSL Expresse 2.7 is available immediately.