DSL software tool supplier ASSIA, Inc. says it has reached an agreement with China Telecom Jiangsu, its first customer in China, to deploy ASSIA DSL Expresse to manage several million DSL links.
China Telecom Jiangsu, one of the provincial telephone companies under the China Telecom umbrella, will use DSL Expresse in a variety of ways, ASSIA says. These include:
- Gain detailed visibility into its DSL network to how it can improve its broadband infrastructure
- Implement line-by-line diagnostics to ensure issues are resolved quickly and effectively
- Offer reliable data-rate upgrades on existing DSL lines
- Prioritize areas for fiber deployment via the DSL Expresse Service Recommender module
- Streamline and improve customer support by integration of DSL Expresse with its existing network management software
- Implement a unified management platform with a consolidated, centralized view to manage all lines in all regions from provincial headquarters.
"ASSIA is proud to welcome China Telecom Jiangsu to its global customer community," said Dr. John Cioffi, CEO and chairman of ASSIA. "The broadband market in China is the largest in the world and growing quickly. ASSIA is pleased to serve this central role in helping China Telecom Jiangsu improve their DSL networks' performance and broadband service delivery to their customers."
"The demand for high-speed broadband is exploding in Asia, and this demand is fueling the need for cutting-edge technologies such as ASSIA's to help service providers optimize their broadband services," said Jeff Heynen, directing analyst, broadband access and video, Infonetics. "The initial purchase of ASSIA in China exemplifies the emerging trend of increasing broadband performance and service offerings throughout Asia."