The 50th anniversary Electronic Components and Technology Conference (ECTC) will be held at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, NV, from May 21 to 24, 2000. This international conference is sponsored jointly by the Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology Society of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE--New York, NY) and the Electronic Components, Assemblies, Equipment and Supplies Association, a sector of the Electronic Industries Alliance (EIA/ECA--Arlington, VA). The conference will cover a wide spectrum of topics in electronics, including programs on optoelectronics packaging and manufacturing.
Over 300 papers spread over 36 technical sessions and 2 poster sessions will be presented. The conference also features 12 CEU-approved short courses, a Technology Corner exhibit, special luncheon speakers, plenary session, and an Emerging Technologies Panel Discussion.
Six half-day technical sessions will be devoted to optoelectronics component assembly and packaging. These sessions include Automated Assembly of Optoelectronic Modules, Optical Alignment Techniques, High-speed Optoelectronics Packaging, Low-cost Optoelectronics Packaging, Optoelectronics Packaging Materials Reliability, and Parallel Optical Interconnects.
This year's Special Symposiums on High-speed Optoelectronics Packaging and Optoelectronics Manufacturing Automation have numerous invited presentations scheduled, such as:
- "Packaging technology for a 40-Gbit/sec optical receiver module with MU-connector interface" (presented by NTT)
- "High-speed packaged electro-absorption modulators for optical communications" (presented by Bell Labs)
- "Physical layer strategies for 10-Gbit Ethernet multimode fiber links" (presented by the University of Bristol)
- "Module packaging for high-speed serial and parallel transmission" (presented by Infineon Technologies)
- "High-speed, high-performance laser modules" (presented by Ortel Corp.)
- "Automation manufacturing systems technology for optoelectronic device packaging" (presented by Newport Corp.)
- "High-accuracy machine automated assembly for optoelectronics" (presented by Karl Suss France)
- "Automated fiber fixing for 980-nm pump modules using laser welding and mechanical deforming techniques" (presented by Uniphase Laser Enterprise AG)
- "Automated mass production lines for optical module using passive alignment technique" (presented by NEC Corp.)
For more information on the conference, visit www.ectc.net. The optoelectronics portion of the conference is accessed by clicking on "Program Committees," followed by "Optoelectronics." For ECTC registration information, call EIA/ECA at (703) 907-7070.