Optiwave releases OptiFDTD 4.0
27 June 2003 Ottawa, Canada Lightwave -- Optiwave Corp. today announced the latest release of one of its OptiFDTD, which enables state-of-the-art design and simulation of advanced passive and non-linear photonic components.
27 June 2003 Ottawa, Canada Lightwave -- Optiwave Corp. today announced the latest release of one of its OptiFDTD, which enables state-of-the-art design and simulation of advanced passive and
non-linear photonic components.
"OptiFDTD's leading-edge functionality and validated accuracy have already gained world-wide customer acceptance and today, version 4.0 reinforces OptiFDTD's position as the de-facto industry standard software for finite difference time domain simulations in photonics" contends Velko Tzolov, vice president of sales and marketing at Optiwave.
"OptiFDTD's simulation superiority is based in part on using a complete materials system and the most advanced simulation algorithms," he adds. "This release is another major advance in OptiFDTD's high-value functionality and performance".
In addition to ongoing enhancements of existing features--such as dedicated modules for PBG layout, band solvers, new boundary condition--it features integration with Optiwave's OptiBPM waveguide modeling software, enabling seamless exchange of layout designs and simulation results.
Other recent enhancements to the OptiFDTD include:
• 3D simulations for lossy, isotropic, and perfect conductor materials and structures
• Compatibility with Optiwave's OptiBPM
• Multiple input plane and horizontal input plane options for 2D
• User-defined input fields
• Transmission calculation function
• Additional waveguide shapes, such as S-Bends, lenses, tapers, and Polynomial waveguide
• New transmission calculation function that enables OptiFDTD to deliver both absolute simulation results and normalized results (relative to the input) in the observation point, observation line, and observation area
• Flexibility to specify the polarization direction of the input as either linear or circular.