Xicor expands fiber optic IC product line
Sept. 26, 2001--Xicor, Inc. announced a new member of its family of programmable mixed signal products that will simplify fiber optic modules.
Xicor, Inc. (Nasdaq: XICO) announced the X9525, a new member of the X9520 family of programmable mixed signal products that will simplify fiber optic modules. This new device is designed to integrate several major control functions for fiber optic modules in fiber LAN and Gigabit Ethernet applications. These include bias current control, modulation control and voltage level sensing. The devices are programmed using a standard two-wire Gigabit Interface Converter (GBIC) interface protocol.
The X9525, combines two nonvolatile digitally controlled potentiometers (DCPs), EEPROM with Block Lock protection, and a device ID addressing function. This addressing function enables designers to use two devices each with unique IDs in a single fiber optic module. This combination allows fiber optic designers the added flexibility in implementing functionality such as laser eye safety and electronic lock protection of manufacturer's proprietary information stored in memory.
Five Family Members:
* The X9520 incorporates all of the functionality of the X952x family.
* The X9521 contains two digitally controlled potentiometers and 2Kb of EEPROM but omits the voltage monitors and POR control.
* The X9522 contains three digitally controlled potentiometers and 2 programmable voltage monitors but omits the POR control and EEPROM.
* The X9523 contains two digitally controlled potentiometers, 2 programmable voltage monitors, and a programmable power-on-reset but omits the EEPROM.
* The new X9525 contains two digitally controlled potentiometers and 2Kb of EEPROM but omits the voltage monitors and POR control, and supports device ID addressing.
Xicor, Inc. designs, develops and markets programmable mixed-signal integrated circuits and nonvolatile memory products used in networking, computing, communication and industrial applications. For more information, visit www.xicor.com.