APRIL 29, 2010 By Stephen Hardy -- Lightwave has issued a call for papers for its new live event, Optical Networks for Enterprises (ONE). The conference will take place October 4-6, 2010, in Los Angeles, CA, collocated with TMC’s ITExpo event.
Lightwave's ONE Conference will provide network decision makers at enterprise, government, and service provider organizations with practical information that will help them solve their rapidly expanding bandwidth and network cost challenges. In particular, it will address how optical communications technology can help service providers create differentiated offerings for enterprise customers, as well as how fiber optics can benefit those customers in their own LAN, SAN, and WAN applications.
To achieve this goal, Lightwave seeks speakers who can provide our attendees with answers to the following questions:
- How do I select the best network architecture, and which services and requirements should drive that decision?
- How can I remove cost and complexity from my network?
- What are my optical platform choices, and what's the best way to evaluate them?
- What should I know today about 10-, 40-, and 100-Gbps technology; should I skip 40G and wait for 100G?
- Is Ethernet the best transport medium or can other options such as IP, Fibre Channel, and InfiniBand play a role?
- What are the most effective ways to test, monitor, and manage an optical network?
- When, where, and how should enterprise managers replace copper with fiber? When should they rely on service providers vs. operating their own WAN?
- What is the best way for service provider managers to support class of service and SLAs? How can they efficiently evolve from legacy to packet-based networks?
A companion list of topic suggestions is also available. For a list of potentially relevant technologies and applications, see the Technologies and Applications List. Lightwave also has provided instructions for abstract preparation, speaking parameters, and abstract evaluation criteria in a third document.
The Lightwave ONE Conference target audience includes network decision makers from:
- Small, medium, and large commercial enterprises
- Service providers
- Local, state, and national government
- Financial, healthcare, education, and other specialized communities
The deadline to submit abstracts is May 31, 2010. Questions regarding speaking opportunities at the Lightwave ONE Conference, as well as abstracts, can be addressed to:
Editorial Director and Associate Publisher
+1 (603) 891-9454