This symposium will feature the latest transceiver specifications, including thermal, mechanical form factor and electro-optical characteristics.
The symposium will highlight multi-vendor use cases, including full-featured host-independent management, multipoint aggregation, and high-speed business services over passive optical network (PON) infrastructures.
Open XR Forum symposium member speakers include:
· Mark Watts, Distinguished Member of Technical Staff, Verizon
· Harald Bock, VP, Network & Technology Strategy, Infinera
· Andrea Di Giglio, Systems Specialist at Telecom Italia Lab, TIM
· Kevin Driscoll, VP, Strategic Sales, LightRiver
· Andrew Lord, Sr. Manager, Optical Networks Research, BT
· David Hillerkuss, Director, Open XR Forum
· José Manuel Rivas-Moscoso, Optical Transport Innovation Technical Lead, Telefónica CTIO
· Dave Welch, Founder and Chief Innovation Officer, Infinera
The Open XR Forum has continued to make progress with its mission.
In March, the forum demonstrated long-haul point-to-point transmission between QSFP56-DD coherent transceivers over 1,400 km at 400 Gbps using 16QAM modulation, as well as an error-free performance at 300 Gbps using 8QAM modulation over a span of 2,495 km. In addition to demonstrating long-reach performance equal to or greater than current state-of-the-art transceivers, this is the first published demonstration of an advanced management method that enables management and control of optical transceiver functions independently from the host equipment.
For related articles, visit the Optical Tech Topic Center.
For more information on optical components and suppliers, visit the Lightwave Buyer’s Guide.
To stay abreast of optical communications technology, subscribe to Lightwave’s Enabling Technologies Newsletter.