O-Net Communications IPO a hit

April 29, 2010
APRIL 29, 2010 By Stephen Hardy -- Against the backdrop of an overall decline on the day for stocks on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong (SEHK), investors welcomed the IPO of Chinese optical technology vendor O-Net Communications. The new stock gained 38% by the close of the first day of trading.

APRIL 29, 2010 By Stephen Hardy -- Against the backdrop of an overall decline on the day for stocks on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong (SEHK), investors welcomed the IPO of Chinese optical technology vendor O-Net Communications. The new stock gained 38% by the close of the first day of trading.

The initial offering price was set at HK$2.90, the top end of the price range O-Net announced April 18. The stock’s priced closed at HK$3.99.

The IPO included a total of 193,000,000 shares according to Bloomberg Businessweek, of which 90% were made available yesterday. The remaining 10% was offered to the public in Hong Kong between April 19 and 22.

O-Net Communications supplies passive optical networking subcomponents, components, modules, and subsystems to an international customer base that includes Alcatel-Lucent and Huawei as well as the contract manufacturers for Ciena and Infinera, it says.

Visit O-Net Communications

Sponsored Recommendations

New Optical Wavelength Service Trends

July 1, 2024
Discover how optical wavelength services are reshaping the telecom landscape, driven by rapid expansion and adoption of high-speed connections exceeding 100 Gbps, championed by...

Data Center Interconnection

June 18, 2024
Join us for an interactive discussion on the growing data center interconnection market. Learn about the role of coherent pluggable optics, new connectivity technologies, and ...

ON TOPIC: Innovation in Optical Components

July 2, 2024
Lightwave’s latest on-topic eBook, sponsored by Anritsu, will address innovation in optical components. The eBook looks at various topics, including PCIe (Peripheral...

The Pluggable Transceiver Revolution

May 30, 2024
Discover the revolution of pluggable transceivers in our upcoming webinar, where we delve into the advancements propelling 400G and 800G coherent optics. Learn how these innovations...