In its new research publication, "Fibre to the Home Market: Global Industry Analysis (2012-2016) and Opportunity Assessment (2017-2027)," Future Market Insights (FMI) forecasts the global fiber to the home (FTTH) market's value will grow from $9.5 billion in 2017 to more than $37 billion by the end of 2027, a 14.4% compound annual growth rate (CAGR).
FMI expects the following factors to influence the FTTH market growth worldwide in the coming years:
· Increase of smart homes and gadgets.
· Increased awareness of the benefits fiber optics offers, and a rise in adoption of fiber connections as environmentally friendly options, as fiber connections produce less of a carbon footprint.
· Government initiatives in various regions.
· Growing demand for entertainment sources for residential applications, and for FTTH in schools, hospitals, government buildings, and libraries.
· Increase in demand for high-speed internet, and increase in internet users.
· A growth in demand for improved internet infrastructure and the high immunity of fiber cabling.
· Development of teleworking, and construction growth in emerging economies.
· Increasing telecom sector investments.
FMI says the primary obstacles that the FTTH market faces are high initial installation cost, susceptibility to physical damage, and threat to FTTH pricing from substitutes and strict regulations.
In the publication, FMI uses a weighted market segmentation to examine all angles of the global FTTH market, and determine actionable insight from it. The worldwide FTTH market is segmented by download speed, by region, and by use cases.
By download speed, the 100 Mbps to 1 Gbps segment is forecast to dominate the global market with a high valuation of $11.667 billion by the end of 2027.
The 50 to 100 Mbps segment is the second largest region, and is expected to grow at the highest rate to reach to an 8.8% CAGR throughout the forecast period.
By region, the Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) region is expected to grow at the highest rate, registering an 18.4% CAGR. This region is forecast to dominate the market in coming years, reaching a value exceeding $10 billion by the end of the forecast period.
By use cases, the internet TV segment is expected to grow at a 14.2% CAGR, hitting a market value higher than $7 billion by the end of 2027. In terms of value, the voice over IP (VoIP) segment is anticipated to be the second largest.
FMI is a market intelligence and consulting firm that provides syndicated research reports, custom research reports, and consulting services. FMI's report on the global FTTH market provides analysis on various key market players, including SWOT analysis, product portfolio, developments, expansion plans, strategies, geographical reach, mergers, and acquisitions.
For related articles, visit the Business Topic Center.
For more information on optical components and suppliers, visit the Lightwave Buyer's Guide.