AFL claims that the new Fujikura 12S is the world’s smallest, lightest, and most portable fusion splicer. At just 4.76 inches W x 6.38 inches D x 2.24 inches H, the full-featured fusion splicer is designed to increase efficiency in the field.
With its fully ruggedized chassis, the 12S provides exceptional protection from shock, dust, and moisture while its transit case offers multiple options to optimize available work space, AFL asserts. The work tray can be placed on top of the transit case or used independently, and for maximum portability the 12S fusion splicer can be detached completely.
Retaining the Fujikura two-camera observation system, the Fujikura 12S fusion splicer has several enhanced features:
- new Li-ion battery provides 3X more power than older versions, yielding up to 100 splice cycles
- the 4.5-inch high-resolution LCD monitor is 3X larger than previous screens with no glare under direct sunlight
- refinements in the arc calibration and optical systems have extended the electrode life to 3,000 splices – 3X longer than previous models
- splicing and tube heating are 20% faster
- software updates are available via the Internet for quick access to the latest splice programs.
AFL concludes that the Fujikura 12S fusion splicer is the ideal splicer to use when portability, ruggedness, versatility, and reliability are needed in splicing applications.
For more information on splicing equipment and suppliers, visit the Lightwave Buyer’s Guide.