July 8, 2004 Fuzhou, Fujian, China -- Photonics design and integrated manufacturing company Photop Technologies Inc. today announced that it will display a series of components for Fiber-to-the-Premise (FTTP) applications at InterOpto, to be held in Tokyo from July 13-16, 2004.
Photop's new FTTP/FTTH components provide increased functionality while maintaining low price points. The new components include:
• WDM series: High isolation (1310/1550); Tri-band (1310/1490/1550); Multimode (850/1310)
• CWDM series: High isolation; Wide stop band (1260-1620)
• Coupler series: Monolithic coupler (1x3, 1x4, 1x7, 1x8); power splitter,
power monitor, and pigtailed PD
• Optical interconnection: Standard connector, MT-RJ connector, Fan-out patch cord, MPO ribbon patch cord, optical fiber convertor, optical fiber adapter
• Switch, module, LGX package & rack mount
All products have an extensive temperature range (-40 ∼ 85 ° C) and support the Triple Play of voice, video, and data services, enabling Photop to provide FTTX equipment in volume at a lower cost.
"FTTP will be a key access [technology] for the delivery 21st-century broadband applications," explains Sunny Sun, COO of Photop. "Photop possesses all the technologies and the necessary skills to address this market and to propose innovative and competitive solutions." According to Sun, Photop is in discussions with key players in the FTTP market and is currently in advanced qualifications with some of those vendors.