Wind River has unveiled Wind River Titanium Server CPE, which the company says will spur deployment of early network functions virtualization (NFV) use cases such as virtualized customer premises equipment (vCPE). The company also has enhanced its carrier-grade Titanium Server portfolio of NFV infrastructure software (which includes the Titanium Server and Titanium Server CPE) improve performance, scalability, and ease of commissioning.
The company says that use of the Titanium Server CPE platform will enable service providers to deploy such NFV applications such as a virtual business CPE (vBCPE) on only two servers. Each server runs the full set of carrier-grade compute, control, and storage functions, while working to deliver best-in-class virtual network function (VNF) performance and maximize the number of users supported per server, Wind River adds.
Meanwhile, the latest release of the Titanium Server portfolio provides the following new features:
- dynamic CPU scaling
- increased system scalability
- support for the latest high-performance network interface cards (NICs)
- virtual switch packet trace tool
- support for "QinQ" tunneling
- IPv6 support for all interfaces
- bulk provisioning and automated deployment capabilities
- support for VNF access to hardware acceleration devices, including the Intel Communications Chipset 8925 to 8955 Series.
For more information on high-speed transmission systems and suppliers, visit the Lightwave Buyer’s Guide.