NTT Communications Corp. (NTT Com) has launched its NTT SD-WAN Service Portfolio across more than 190 countries. In addition to what it asserts is the largest roll out of software-defined WAN (SD-WAN), NTT Com also says it is the first global provider to deploy a 100% percent software defined networking (SDN) as a framework for the SD-WAN service to ensure flexibility and fast service deployment speeds.
Key elements of the SD-WAN Service Portfolio include:
- Real-Time Streaming Network Analytics: The platform's analytics enables enterprises to observe the health of their networks in real-time and continuously monitor traffic flows. NTT SD-WAN platform also provides multi-dimensional visualization with replay functionality of application performance, network security, utilization, and end-user experience, which enables customers to analyze issues at the site level, application dimension, or individual IP address.
- Enterprise Connectivity Flexibility: The NTT SD-WAN Service Portfolio supports "all types" of network connectivity, including local ISP, internet, broadband, wireless, MPLS, and LTE, among others. NTT Com says it can offer optimized cloud connectivity to major SaaS and cloud service providers. Alternatively, customers can provide their own network connections via local ISPs. NTT Com also manages customer-provided ISP or local broadband provider network connections.
- CPE Flexibility: Customers can use CPE from NTT or other sources at their branch offices. NTT Com says it supports more than 10 SD-WAN and uCPE vendor offerings, including white box options.
- Optimized Local ISP Selection and Routing: NTT asserts its SD-WAN overlay network offers optimized connectivity to more than 1,000 local network providers that connect customer locations in over 190 countries.
- Enhanced Quality of Service (QoS): NTT says its SD-WAN platform enables the application and enforcement of QoS policies.
- Secure Web Gateways and Application Acceleration: NTT Com offers integrated SD-WAN security via its Secure Web Gateways located at globally distributed local cloud centers (LCCs), where customers can enable web URL filtering, firewall protection, and intrusion prevention services. NTT Com also offers application acceleration services via its LCCs to accelerate applications and optimize the end-user experience. NTT Com's SDN also enables malware detection reporting.
- Customer Support: NTT Com acts as a single point of contact for its customers for SD-WAN network design, delivery, and installation of network and CPE devices, implementation, and 24x7 proactive monitoring and management worldwide. NTT Com says its predictive analytics help proactively identify and isolate customer network issues.
The NTT SD-WAN platform leverages an architecture locally distributed around the world via more than 75 LCCs. The service also benefits from the expertise NTT acquired with Virtela in 2014.
The announcement was reviewed positively by at least one NTT customer. "Inteva's business is dependent on our network performance, and NTT's global SD-WAN network services provide us with high network reliability and performance. NTT Com's customer support team is highly proactive and responsive which allows us to focus on running our core business," says Dennis Hodges, CIO, Inteva Products, LCC.
For related articles, visit the SDN/NFV Topic Center.
For more information on high-speed transmission systems and suppliers, visit the Lightwave Buyer's Guide.