JANUARY 10, 2011 -- Draka Communications Americas will highlight new fiber cables designed for space-limited, campus, and in-building applications during the upcoming BICSI Show, to be held January 16 through 20 in Orlando, Fla. Visitors to Draka's booth #1301 during the show can view Draka's ezPREP Gel Free Central Loose Tube Cable family.
The cable design, available up to 12 fibers, offers the following features and benefits:
- Available in riser and plenum flame ratings and can be deployed in all indoor
- Low-Smoke Zero Halogen (LSZH) constructions available
- 25% smaller when compared to traditional stranded loose tube cable
- 40% lighter when compared to traditional stranded loose tube cable
- Aluminum interlock armor can be added to increase durability
"This cable design provides a fiber drop system that simplifies installation practices and lowers overall network cost,” describes Dean Yamasaki, product manager at Draka Communications Americas. “This Draka cable product family is standards-compliant, can address any fire code listing requirement, and can be adapted to a number of special applications. The small cross section and excellent handling properties make this cable a versatile product for enterprise and campus uses. Because the product family is designed for indoor-outdoor applications, its use eliminates the necessity for a transition point upon cable entry into the building, which is another cost-savings value-add."
Draka's Central Loose Tube cable is available in a variety of fiber types, including Draka's BendBright family of single-mode and multimode bend insensitive fibers.