AFL has launched sales of the Fujikura 70R fusion splicer in North America. The new splicer builds on the success of the Fujikura 60R ribbon fusion splicer with several new features, the company says.
“The 70R builds on the excellent track record set by the 60R. With the automated wind protector and tube heater, quality splicing is even faster. The tube heater clamps the splice protection sleeve from both sides, resulting in a shrink time of an impressive 40 seconds,” commented Greg Pickeral, product manager, fusion splicing systems for AFL.
Enhanced features of the Fujikura 70R fusion splicer include:
- The automated wind protector and tube heater; the 40 seconds heating time for a ribbon protection sleeve is the fastest available, AFL asserts
- Electrodes with enough life to support 1500 splices
- A high-resolution, 4.7-inch color LCD monitor with 90X fiber magnification
- Configurable automation to enable users to customize the automated functions
- A Li-ion battery that supports 110 splices and heating cycles with each full charge
- A six-direction drop-proof design with fully ruggedized rubber casing
- Dust- and rain-proof exterior
- A transit case with a detachable, built-in worktable
- Video guides for operation and troubleshooting
- Full compatibility with the FuseConnect line of splice-on fiber-optic connectors.
The 70R is one of several new splicer introductions from Fujikura this year. It follows the 12S, 12R, and 70S models. Later this year, Fujikura plans to unveil the 19S, a fixed V-groove single-fiber fusion splicer, and the 19R four-fiber ribbon fusion splicer.
For more information on splicers and suppliers, visit the Lightwave Buyer’s Guide.