OCTOBER 22, 2009 -- Reflex Photonics is showing new devices from its parallel channel product line at Supercomm 2009 in Chicago, IL, from Oct. 21-23 (booth #3327).
The latest addition to the Reflex product line is the dual 40G CFP transceiver, which supports two fully independent 40-Gbps Ethernet links. Built to the CFP multisource agreement (MSA), the transceivers comply with the draft IEEE 802.3ba 40GBASE-SR4 specification for 40GbE links up to 150 m. The CFP transceivers are designed to support high-performance data communications and telecommunications equipment for applications such as switch and router inter-links and data center aggregation.
The Reflex dual 40G CFP transceiver includes the following features:
- two 40-Gbps Ethernet ports
- compliant to IEEE 802.3ba draft specification for 40GBase-SR4 links
- CFP MSA compliant; can be plugged into same slot as 40GBase-LR4, 100GBase-SR10, or 100GBase-LR4 CFP modules
- 40G QSFP inter-operable
- power class 1 (4 W typ., 8 W max)
- optical MPO ports that connect to industry-standard 1x12 parallel multimode-fiber cable
- uses next-generation Reflex LightABLE optical engine
"The Reflex dual 40G Ethernet CFP transceiver, coupled with the Reflex 100G Ethernet CFP transceiver, opens up new interconnect possibilities in the data center," claims Robert Coenen, director of product management at Reflex Photonics. "The dual 40G CFP transceiver doubles the faceplate density as compared to a single 40G CFP transceiver."
The dual 40G CFP transceiver will begin shipping to select customers in December 2009 and goes to full production in 2Q10.
In addition to the Dual 40G CFP transceiver, Reflex Photonics will showcase various high-speed, parallel-channel, optical data communications products:
- 100GBase-SR10 100-Gbps CFP transceiver
- Snap 12 40-Gbps and 75-Gbps transceivers
- Reflex LightABLE optical engine
- Reflex Light on Board optically enabled ASIC technology