PROMET showcases FiBO interferometer at Photonics West
January 22, 2007 -- PROMET International, provider of optical and optomechanical design, test, and manufacturing services, is showcasing its FiBO 300 interferometer for fiber endface and microcomponent testing during Photonics West 2007.
January 22, 2007 -- PROMET International (search for Promet), provider of optical and optomechanical design, test, and manufacturing services, is showcasing its FiBO 300 interferometer for fiber endface and microcomponent testing during Photonics West 2007, in San Jose, CA.
According to the company, FiBO features true phase-shifting, Michelson interferometers that perform 3D surface mapping and offer visual defect evaluation from portable, vibration-insensitive designs. The interferometer's calibrated objectives -- which range from 1.8X to 20X of actual optical magnification -- enable applications such as inspection of multimode 125-to-700-µm fiber connectors, photonic crystal fiber, microlens arrays, and other microcomponents less than 1 mm in diameter at a fraction of standard cost, PROMET claims.
Key features of the FiBO 300 include:
- High-resolution 3D surface metrology and microscope inspection.
- Accurate interferometric measurements in seconds, which can replace expensive vibration-isolation systems.
- Quick-change, prealigned kinematic adapters that eliminate the need for adjustment or recalibration when switching between connector styles and PC/APC polish types, and are economically customized.
- Advanced FiBO Code software with fiber-specific and general interferometry modes.
- Calibration targets for 2D, 3D, phase shift, and apex offset with optional NIST traceability.
PROMET says the small-form-factor (6.5×3.15 inches) and lightweight (3 lbs) device packs a portability advantage with a USB 2.0 interface -- no external additional interface board or power supply is required. The company claims that with a kinematic snap, FiBO 300 guarantees exact positioning and eliminates tedious adjustments when switching between fiber types, connector styles, and PC/APC polishes, and complies with international standards for fiber-connector measurement requirements.
PROMET will be demonstrating the FiBO 300 system at Booth 6329, South Hall, during Photonics West.
Visit PROMET International