Sumitomo Electric reorganizes oversea subsidiaries
JULY 29, 2009 -- Eudyna will assume product development, manufacturing, sales engineering, quality assurance, and purchasing activities from Sumitomo, and will be renamed Sumitomo Electric Device Innovations, Inc.
JULY 29, 2009 -- Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd. (search Lightwave for Sumitomo Electric) has decided to reorganize the sales subsidiaries of its optical and electronic devices businesses.
The company has announced the following initiatives:
- On April 1, 2009, Sumitomo Electric made Eudyna Devices Inc. (search Lightwave for Eudyna) its wholly owned subsidiary to strengthen and further develop its optical and electronic devices businesses. Sumitomo will take on Eudyna's sales, marketing, and strategic planning, as well as R&D of the entire optical and electronic device businesses, while Eudyna will assume product development, manufacturing, sales engineering, quality assurance, and purchasing (Japan domestic procurement only) activities from Sumitomo by way of an absorption-type corporate split effective as of Aug. 1, 2009. At the same time, Eudyna will change its corporate name to "Sumitomo Electric Device Innovations, Inc."
- In a final phase of organizational restructuring, Sumitomo Electric will reorganize its sales subsidiaries of the businesses in a move to attain greater customer satisfaction and larger market share, making the most of its worldwide sales network, the company says.
- As previously indicated, Excelight Communications Inc., Sumitomo's oversea sales base of optical and electronic devices, will merge with Eudyna Devices USA Inc. (Eudyna's sales subsidiary in North America) and change its corporate name to "Sumitomo Electric Device Innovations U.S.A., Inc." on Aug. 1, 2009 (see "ExceLight Communications and Eudyna Devices U.S.A. to merge".
- Sumitomo Electric Europe Ltd., Sumitomo's sales base in Europe, will succeed the business right from Eudyna Devices International s.r.l (Eudyna's sales subsidiary in Italy) and integrate the business with Eudyna Devices Europe Ltd. (Eudyna's sales subsidiary in UK) on Oct. 1, 2009.
- Sumitomo Electric Asia Ltd., Sumitomo's sales base in Asia, will integrate the assets and the business with Eudyna Devices ASIA PTE Ltd. (Eudyna's sales subsidiary in Singapore) on Oct. 1, 2009.
A series of reorganizations will merge the technologies of both Sumitomo Electric and Eudyna and is intended to strengthen their capabilities to meet more sophisticated customer needs, accelerating the launch of new technologies and products.