Working steadily toward this fall's expected division into two new companies (see "JDSU to split in two"), JDSU (NASDAQ: JDSU) has revealed the names of the people expected to compose Lumentum Holdings' and Viavi Solutions' boards of directors.
Lumentum's board will include current Communications and Commercial Optical Products head Alan Lowe, who is CEO designate of the spin out that will focus on optical communications and commercial optics (see "JDSU management details split, M&A possibilities"). Joining Lowe on the board as chairman will be Martin Kaplan, former executive vice president of Pacific Telesis Group, Inc., who will also chair the governance committee. Also named to the board are:
- Harold Covert, former executive vice president and chief financial officer of Lumos Networks Corp.
- Penelope Herscher, president and CEO of FirstRain, a company that provides business analytics platforms
- Brian Lillie, chief information officer of Equinix, Inc.
- Samuel Thomas, director, chairman, and CEO of Chart Industries, Inc., which makes cryogenic equipment.
Covert will serve as chairperson of the audit committee, while Herscher will serve as chairperson of the compensation committee.
For Viavi Solutions, the company that will focus primarily on network and service enablement, current JDSU president and CEO and Viavi CEO-Designate Tom Waechter will be joined by board chairman Richard E. Belluzzo, managing partner of Corso Partners LLC. As is the case with Kaplan, Belluzzo will also chair the governance committee. Other board members will include:
- Keith Barnes, former chairman and CEO of Verigy and executive with Agilent, Electroglas, IMS, and Cadence
- Tim Campos, chief information officer and a member of the senior management team at Facebook
- Masood Jabbar, former president of the Computer Systems Division and CFO for Sun Microsystems Inc.
- Pamela Strayer, senior vice president and chief financial officer at Plantronics.
Strayer will serve as chairperson of the audit committee, with Barnes chairing the compensation committee.
Lumentum has applied to trade on NASDAQ under the ticker symbol LITE. Viavi will trade on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol VIAV.
For more information on test equipment and suppliers, visit the Lightwave Buyer's Guide.