Zhone: FTTX deployments up more than 4X since March 2010
Zhone Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: ZHNE) says that deployments of its MXK multi-service access node (MSAN) have grown from approximately 320 system deployments in 25 countries in March 2010 to more than 1,350 deployments in over 40 countries currently.
Zhone Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: ZHNE) says that deployments of its MXK multi-service access node (MSAN) have grown from approximately 320 system deployments in 25 countries in March 2010 to more than 1,350 deployments in over 40 countries currently. The traction the MXK has attained since its unveiling slightly less than two years ago has significantly increased Zhone’s penetration of the GPON and Active Ethernet FTTX market, the company asserts.
Zhone says it sees momentum in the fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) market in the Middle East, Central and Latin America (CALA), Europe, and North America. Recent Q4 2010 and Q1 2011 MXK deployments include:
- Telecom TZ: First GPON win for Zhone in Russia, which the company hopes will drive further regional expansion
- Hardy Telecom: Recipient of $34 million broadband stimulus award
- Rochester Telephone Co.: FTTX deployment in Indiana that further expanded Zhone’s U.S., and specifically, Midwest broadband footprint
- Quebec-based Colba.Net Telecom: Triple-play services delivered via ADSL2+ and Ethernet
- Florida-based Myakka Communications: Advanced fiber access offered to subscribers in rural areas of Sarasota and Manatee Counties for the first time via $7.8 million broadband stimulus project
- Guyana-based Guyana Telephone and Telegraph Company: Nationwide deployment of MXK in Latin American country
“With our burgeoning IP Zhone brand and the newly launched Zhone FiberHome and Zhone FiberCell product suites, operators will not only be able to sustain the ROI of their fiber investments long-term, but they’ll be able to maximize their existing infrastructure – such as the MXK, the Zhone Management System (ZMS) and Zhone EZ Touch Provisioning system, to expand the reach of their network and services in response to current needs,” explained Brian Caskey, chief marketing officer at Zhone. “For example, they can now leverage the MXKs they’ve deployed for their FTTX and triple-play services in support of their 3G and 4G mobile backhaul needs as well.”
“The GPON FTTX market is seen as the future of broadband networks and shipments more than doubled in 2010. Zhone Technologies outstripped the overall market and recorded the highest rate of growth of any of the major GPON vendors,” according to James Heath, director of research at Dittberner Associates. “This is a validation of Zhone’s overall customer strategy, which is based on its MXK MSAN platform.”
Visit Zhone Technologies