Sigma Systems has introduced the Telco Services Accelerator, a residential service fulfillment system designed to enable telcos to create service bundles and seamlessly provision, activate, and manage residential Internet, SIP-based VoIP, and IPTV services over a fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) network.
The company also has announced that Italian communications service provider Tiscali will use the Telco Services Accelerator to help provide services over its FTTH and ADSL networks. Bell Aliant is also a customer, according to the company.
Sigma Systems’ Telco Services Accelerator is a SOA-based service fulfillment platform. Telco Services Accelerator enables telcos to create FTTH service bundles and manage all aspects of service fulfillment -- including order management; network, service and device provisioning; and service activation -- from a single platform. The OSS is designed to work over any FTTH architecture, as well as fiber to the node (FTTN) infrastructures.
Sigma Systems’ list of Telco Service Accelerator benefits includes:
- Ability to offer residential subscribers improved services, including full fiber-based IPTV, faster broadband and feature-rich VoIP
- Operational cost savings via full automation of order management, provisioning and activation
- Capability to provision FTTH equipment
- Faster go-to-market ability, allowing telcos to rollout multiple services from day one versus in slow phases which can take up to 18-24 months
- Support for mobile and business VoIP services
- Support for SIP-based devices and IPv6 migration
- Compliance with TM Forum certification for Order Management API and Web Services in a next-generation OSS (NGOSS) framework. The OSS/J order management API – called Information Framework JSR-264 – enables faster time to market through full interoperability with certified BSS and CRM vendors.
"Fiber to the home is rapidly becoming the technology of choice for telcos around the globe,” said Alan Breznick, senior analyst at Heavy Reading. “With this new network infrastructure, there is a whole new series of challenges and complexities when telcos deploy services, especially service bundles. Sigma Systems is seeking to eliminate many of these challenges and complexities associated with FTTH networks and help telcos deploy service bundles both more efficiently and quicker."
According to the company, telcos can use the Telco Services Accelerator to provision OLTs and configure related ports for multi-service access by consumers. The platform also manages the subscriber connection, sets up voice and data lines, configures all services, and establishes ONT parameters to communicate back into the network.
Fully integrated with Sigma Systems' Device Provisioning Manager, the Telco Services Accelerator also can enable telcos to efficiently provision customer premises equipment, including ONTs, IADs, home IP gateways, SIP devices, and set-top boxes.
Visit Sigma Systems