DASAN Zhone Solutions, Inc. (DZS) says San Francisco's Hotel VIA has deployed the company's FiberLAN GPON to provide advanced services at its 159-room independent hotel.
The Hotel VIA management team's goal was to design a hotel with advanced technology in San Francisco. To enhance the guest experience, systems integrator IES Communications, LLC recommended DZS's FiberLAN technology for its ability to provide high-speed data, voice, and video to multi-level, multi-unit facilities, the company says.
DZS, a company created when Zhone Technologies merged with DASAN Network Solutions, Inc. in 2016 (see "Zhone Technologies, DASAN Network Solutions complete merger to form DASAN Zhone Solutions"), partnered with IES Communications to create a network that enables guests to connect unlimited devices to the network and supports the hotel's amenities.
"When building Hotel VIA our goal was to find a network solution that would support all of the technology amenities we wanted to provide our guests," said Jerry Leap, Hotel VIA's director of sales and marketing. "We chose FiberLAN because of its high-bandwidth, security and energy-efficient qualities. Our guests are able to connect several devices and have instant access to high-speed data, voice, and video without compromising network speed."
Hotel VIA is using the DZS MXK-198-10GE aggregation platform, a GPON optical line terminal (OLT) that currently offers thousands of access points throughout the hotel, and can be expanded to accommodate the hotel's growth. DZS says Hotel VIA is also using 64 of its 2608T-NA optical network terminals (ONTs), which are strategically located on every floor of the hotel. The eight-port ONTs support broadband and Wi-Fi access in common areas, guest rooms, and back-of-house operations.
To provide for a coherent guest experience, DZS says Hotel VIA uses the FiberLAN infrastructure to support all of the hotel's amenities, including:
· Text messages that are initiated upon guests' arrivals in San Francisco.
· A mobile concierge app by KEYPR that allows guests to customize a city guide with events that coincide with their visit, explore South Beach and surrounding neighborhoods, order snacks, and choose pillow preferences.
· ASSA ABLOY Hospitality's VingCard Essence door lock in every room. The keyless lock system is compatible with ASSA ABLOY Hospitality Mobile Access solution and technology.
· Honeywell's INNCOM energy management system, an energy-efficient room management system that saves guests' room temperature preferences to activate when they are in the room.
· A tablet set up with guest services, hotel promotions, and accessto entertainment and news.
· Access to multiple Wi-Fi connection points throughout the hotel.
· Fortinet network security services for the safety of hotel personnel and guests.
Hotel VIA opened in June of 2017. It was the first boutique hotel constructed in San Francisco since 2008, says DZS.
For related articles, visit the FTTx Topic Center.
For more information on FTTx equipment and suppliers, visit the Lightwave Buyer's Guide.