Leviton launches 4RU Opt-X Ultra fiber enclosure
JANUARY 16, 2009 -- The 4RU Opt-X Ultra model allows termination of up to 288 fibers, with easy accessibility for installation and management in higher density installations, say Leviton representatives.
JANUARY 16, 2009 -- Leviton (search for Leviton) this week announced the launch of its Opt-X Ultra 4RU high-density fiber enclosures. Opt-X Ultra 1RU and 2RU enclosures launched in July 2008, introducing what the company claims are a new standard of style and functionality to the fiber enclosure market. The new 4RU model allows termination of up to 288 fibers, with easy accessibility for installation and management in higher density installations, say Leviton representatives.
The Opt-X Ultra line of enclosures was designed from the ground up to meet the specific demands of data centers and large enterprises. Features include:
• Tinted polycarbonate and 16-gauge powder-coated steel construction, which is aesthetically appealing and durable;
• Easy-glide sliding tray that is fully removable to facilitate high-density field terminations and splicing, while the front and rear of bulkhead remains accessible for moves, adds, and changes;
• Transparent, removable front and rear doors and chassis covers that provide enhanced visibility and accessibility;
• Bulkheads that accept Plug-n-Play MTP modules, or splice trays and adapter plates;
• Stackable, adjustable fiber management rings that organize, protect, and store fiber slack;
• Seventeen-inch depth that accommodates high-density fiber termination and splicing; and
• Patch cord bend radius guides that prevent macro-bending of routed fibers at cable exit points.
Leviton says it has already received substantial preorders for the 4RU Opt-X Ultra, including several customized through the "Build Your Own" option at www.leviton.com/configurator.
The new model, along with the 1RU and 2RU models, will be on display next week at the 2009 BICSI Winter Conference in Orlando, FL, at Leviton's Booth #1200.