CommScope adds InstaPATCH 360 connectivity to SYSTIMAX 360 platform
OCTOBER 6, 2009 -- The InstaPATCH 360 system includes modules and pass-through panels that offer improved density, are reverse compatible with standard SYSTIMAX 360 shelves, and are intelligence-ready.
OCTOBER 6, 2009 -- CommScope Enterprise Solutions, a division of CommScope Inc., has introduced the InstaPATCH 360 system, the newest installment to its next-generation SYSTIMAX 360 platform. Developed by CommScope Labs, InstaPATCH 360 is a factory-terminated and -tested modular fiber connectivity offering that enables installers to simply and quickly connect system components together, improving density, performance, and reliability, according to the company.
"Our SYSTIMAX 360 products are turning heads around the world because it's the first solution platform that seamlessly integrates copper, fiber, and intelligence to form the ultimate network infrastructure solution," claims Luc Adriaenssens, senior vice president, R&D and technology, CommScope Enterprise Solutions. "With the addition of InstaPATCH 360, data center designers now have a system that further improves density and system performance in the data center while keeping costs lower -- completely redefining expectations for the data center."
Created under the SYSTIMAX 360 design philosophy, the InstaPATCH 360 system includes modules and pass-through panels that offer improved density, are reverse compatible with standard SYSTIMAX 360 shelves, and are intelligence-ready. The trunk cables, rugged fan-outs, and array cords are constructed with a loose fiber cable design, minimizing stress on the optical fiber. The cable assemblies are terminated with CommScope's patented process for application of the MPO connector to a round cable subunit.
Smaller and more compact than its industry counterparts, each InstaPATCH 360 modular panel comes with key features intended to provide simplified cable management and maximize airflow within the data center.
Other features of the InstaPATCH 360 include:
- SYSTIMAX LazrSPEED, OptiSPEED, and TeraSPEED fiber technologies -- including LazrSPEED 550, whose performance specifications are reflected in the recent OM4 standard – to support demanding applications while allowing easy migration to next-generation technology
- Modules are equipped with translucent integrated dust covers that will help simplify connecting fiber components and can have up to 24 fibers
- Modular system approach enables up to 96 fibers to be ready for service in the time it takes to make a single fiber connection with traditional systems
- Compatibility with the SYSTIMAX G2 modular cassette system (and some SYSTIMAX InstaPATCH Plus components), providing customers with the capability to reduce shelf volume and achieve 96 LC connections in a 1-RU shelf
- For ultrahigh-density needs, MPO adapter panels and ruggedized fan-out or array cable assemblies can be used to reach a density of 384 fibers in a 1-RU shelf. The 4U modular shelf can accommodate 1,152 fibers. CommScope plans to extend the 4U modular panel fiber count to 1,536 fibers before year-end
"InstaPATCH 360, like our original InstaPATCH Plus system, enables installers to simply and quickly connect system components together," says Kevin Paschal, product manager, fiber optic solutions, CommScope Enterprise Solutions. "However, the new solution comes equipped with design features that provide enhanced cable management capabilities while minimizing restrictions to airflow that is vital for cooling. Ultimately, with InstaPATCH 360, we are reducing the bulk of system components, improving the life of electronics, and reducing power consumption and system costs throughout the data center -- all considerations that are vital in today's data center environment."
The InstaPATCH 360 System will have its first public appearance at the IP Expo -- a European IP and Convergence event -- in London on Oct. 7, 2009. It will also be featured in addition to the other SYSTIMAX 360 products, at the CommScope 360 Roadshow Series, which kicks off in Los Angeles on Oct. 13. The Roadshow Series will take place in 13 cities in North America, designed to showcase the company's offerings in copper, fiber and intelligent network infrastructure.
Visit CommScope Enterprise Solutions