Draka extends universal FTTH plug-and-play method with indoor products
SEPETMBER 15, 2009 -- Draka offers a choice of color-coded, bend-friendly cables, configurable ducts, and enhanced indoor and outdoor equipment.
SEPTEMBER 15, 2009 -- Draka Communications, a provider of optical technologies for communications networks, has extended its universal next-generation access network deployment package DrakaXSNet by expanding its range of indoor products.
In 2009 Draka provided integrated products for FTTH project implementation, supporting each engineering stage between the optical fiber city ring and the end user’s home or office. These encompass the point of presence part of the network to the outside plant or access network segment.
Draka says its indoor offerings cover the many variations of buildings to be connected, for styles such as terraced, detached or semi-detached homes, multidwelling apartment blocks, standalone business units, or skyscrapers. All products now use advanced BendBrightXS cable with ColorLockXS optical-fiber coating for easy identification.
The indoor product range includes:
- JetNetXS Indoor - a microduct system used to blow optical fiber cables into and throughout a building
- Ready-Connect JetNetXS Indoor - preferruled BendBrightXS cables
- RiserNetXS family - specially manufactured riser-cables and connectivity that can eliminate the need for splicing on each floor, with two options in the portfolio: RiserNetXS900 and RiserNetXSFlex
- RiserNetXS900 - bundles up to 48 retractable fiber units into one strain-resistant riser cable
- RiserNetXSFlex - employs flexible micro-modules that provide up to 144 fiber per cable
- ExterNetXS - uses a tamper-proof, UV-resistant metal outer conduit, protecting the fiber from vandalism as well as exposure to the elements
Draka will be exhibiting at ECOC 2009, Sept. 21-23, in Vienna, Austria.
Visit Draka Communications