Gambit Communications Inc., a network simulation tools provider, announced the availability of MIMIC Virtual Lab for Cisco for training centers and network engineers. MIMIC offers hands-on experience in a simulated network environment consisting of the routers and switches required for Cisco certification exams.
This product allows training centers to provide reduced-cost training in the classroom or virtually over the Internet. It provides an effective environment for beginners to become familiar with the complex environment and for intermediate or expert users to sharpen the skills and move to a higher level.
"MIMIC Virtual Lab has an unbelievable value for Cisco certifications and training organizations," says George Churchwell, president of Tech2000 and a Cisco Learning partner. "It dramatically reduces the cost of a lab and provides realistic simulations."
"As an 'on-demand' learning tool, the MIMIC Virtual Lab represents a realistic and highly scalable alternative to physical laboratory equipment," says Dennis Griffin, CCSI, CCNP, one of Tech2000's instructors. "While the benefits to students preparing for certification exams are obvious, the real benefit is accessibility to a proficiency tool that can be continuously changed as the user's needs change. This is simply prohibitive without simulation technologies such as MIMIC."
MIMIC Virtual Lab for Cisco consists of a simulated network of Cisco routers, switches and end systems. Some of the features include:
- Lab with extensive free-form configuration
- Hundreds of router commands, including all the shortcut commands and edit keys
- Use IOS command in all modes (User, Privileged, Configuration, Interface)
- Access the devices using Telnet from the GUI or from anywhere on the network like a real device, locally or remotely
- View the topology map with connections and addresses
- Start or stop any device individually or in a group
- View the individual device or the entire topology configuration information
- Save the current configuration and reload it anytime
- Troubleshoot by retracing the commands from the log
- Protocol supported - Telnet, Cisco IOS, SNMPv1, SNMPv2, SNMPv3
For more information on Gambit Communications Inc. (Nashua, NH) and MIMIC, please visit http://www.gambitcomm.com.