MARCH 10, 2009 -- Ripley (search Lightwave for Ripley) has added the MSAT Mid-Span Access Tool to its Miller brand of products. This tool is designed to enable easy access to fibers in buffer tubes.
Features and benefits include:
- quickly and easily access fibers in 2, 2.5, and 3-mm buffer tubes in a mid-span location without fiber damage
- all blades precisely factory mounted in tube slitting channels with no adjustment required by the installer
- tool design incorporates buffer tube size gages on the tool body for ease of selecting proper tube slitting channel
- spring loaded lever opens and closes the tool and lever becomes flush with the top of the tool body when closed.
The MSAT is for use with the following buffer tubes:
- 2.0 mm: 1.8-2.2 mm (0.071"- 0.086")
- 2.5 mm: 2.3-2.8 mm (0.090"-0.110")
- 3.0 mm: 2.8-3.2 mm (0.110"- 0.126").
The tool is made in the USA.