Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) says that a range of service providers around the world have chosen to deploy the company's Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI). The software-defined networking (SDN) platform helps enable the delivery of cloud services in an automated, policy-based manner, the company says.
Cisco ACI also offers improves scalability and security while providing centralized multi-site management capabilities, the company adds.
Customers who have deployed the SDN platform include:
- NTT Communications (United States)
- T-Systems (Germany)
- Hosters (Denmark), a certified Microsoft Azure Managed Service Provider
- scanplus GmbH (Germany), a managed cloud services provider
- Tieto Oyj (Finland), a Nordic software and services company that has deployed Cisco ACI as a Layer 2 fabric in six data centers in three countries
- Ritter (United States), which provides residential and business services to more than 45,000 customers in rural Arkansas and Tennessee.
For related articles, visit the SDN/NFV Topic Center.
For more information on high-speed transmission systems and suppliers, visit the Lightwave Buyer's Guide.