NetTest, a worldwide provider of testing, monitoring, management and optical component solutions for advanced and converged networks, announced the release of the new CMA4000i Optical Test System. The CMA4000i offers a new Optical Spectrum Analyzer (OSA) module for C- and L-band DWDM networks, a 50 dB dynamic range OTDR module and exciting new testing capabilities that simplify a variety of fiber testing applications.
The CMA4000i is an ideal solution for testing either long haul backbone networks or Passive Optical Networks (PONs). Building on the success of the CMA4000's long-haul (120 -250km) testing capabilities, the CMA4000i provides new solutions for testing medium range "Metro" networks (40-120km), and short range "last mile" networks or PONs. For complete system characterization, the CMA4000i can be easily equipped with a light source and power meter for complete end-to-end loss testing. In addition, the Visual Fault Locator (VFL) option enables the location of breaks within the OTDR's deadzone or to identify specific optical fibers within a cable.
CMA4000i Features and Benefits:
* High OTDR Dynamic Range: 50 dB dynamic range provides improved data quality, ability to test longer lengths, less averaging and shorter test time.
* New OSA Module for High Capacity DWDM Systems: Operating from 1520-1620 nm (C- and L-band), the new OSA (4792) module can automatically identify over 400 DWDM channels spaced less than 12.5 GHz apart.
* PON Mode for Passive Optical Networks Testing: Exclusive new OTDR test mode for evolving network designs that incorporate optical splitter technology.
* Spectral Function for Medium Range (40-120km), "Metro" Installations: Provides increased measurement range and clarity of data while maintaining deadzone resolution, all in less test time.
* Unique Test Options for Fiber/Cable Manufacturing Verification: Simplifies commonly used test functions in "Expert OTDR mode" for fiber/cable plant testing.
* New Test Wavelengths: 1383 and 1410 nm for E-band testing (All wave and SMF-28e fiber), 1480 nm for S-band Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) applications or PONs, 1383, 1410 and 1480 nm for Course Wave Division Multiplexing (CWDM) applications.
* Four OTDR Trace Overlay: Ideal for comprehensive analysis and comparison of 3 or 4 traces obtained from tri- and quad-wavelength OTDR test modules.
NetTest will demonstrate the CMA4000i at OSP Expo in Denver, CO, on November 6-7 at booth #1133.
NetTest is a worldwide provider of testing, monitoring and management systems, as well as a supplier of optical network components, across both the optical and network layers of communications networks. For more information, visit www.nettest.com.