IMC Networks has unveiled the IE-iMcV-2xLIM, TX/SFP, 100-Mbps Ethernet-based media converter module. The new media converter module offers twice the port density of the company’s standard 100 TX-based module.
Features of the IE-iMcV-2xLIM, TX/SFP dual media converter module include:
- two independent fixed rate 100 Mbps copper-to-fiber conversions on a single-wide card
- double the capacity with up to 40 separate lines when using the iMcV-MediaChassis/20 chassis
- full bandwidth frame with no frame size limitation
- remote management
- troubleshooting features through a managed chassis or with additional DDMI SFP support
- auto MDI/MDIX operation
- Configuration Control
- low latency
- extended temperature range -40º C to +80º C
- transparent to Layer 2 and 3 protocols
- supports multiple fiber-optic wavelengths using industry standard MSA-or Cisco-compliant SFP modules.
“The core feature of the IE-iMcV-2xLIM is its ability to double the capacity of any IMC Networks chassis. Additionally, low latency is achieved via internal architecture that does not require a ‘store and forward’ switch chip, which in turn lowers the final cost of the product,” states David Zaveski, Senior Sales Engineer at IMC Networks.
The IE-iMcV-2xLIM is scheduled to ship in May through IMC Networks’ network of distributors. Model 850-1860 is listed at $320.
Visit IMC Networks