Draka Communications Americas introduces Microduct fiber cable, blown fiber
Draka Communications Americas has launched a new family of fiber cables designed for wireless applications, including remote radio head, cellular backhaul, and distributed antenna system projects.
Draka Communications Americas has expanded its ezMICRODUCT line, which features blown fiber cable installation in microducts. The enhancements support the use of 13-mm microducts and bend-insensitive fiber, among other features.
Draka says its enhanced ezMICRODUCT provides features requested by installation teams and end users, such as:
- a 20-foot, mid-span buffer tube storage capability, allowing for mid-cable access
- buffer tubes that are more flexible and craft friendly for easy routing in closures
- blowing compatibility with 13-mm (inside diameter) micro ducts
- the option of Draka's BendBright family of bend insensitive fibers
- Colorlock fiber coating for long-lasting fiber reliability and color vibrancy.
Draka Communications also has introduced a series of indoor blown fiber systems designed to meet the stringent requirements for riser, plenum, and low smoke performance.
"Microduct cable and blown fiber solutions are becoming key elements of the last mile and in-building fiber routes," states Jim Ryan, product manager at Draka Communications. "These new microduct cable features will make it significantly easier to create drop access points down the cable route. It is an exciting time to be a global leader in optical fiber and cable manufacturing."
Draka's ezMICRODUCT and blown fiber product lines span a variety of fiber cables for indoor, outdoor, and enterprise applications. Fiber types include Draka's Enhanced singlemode fiber, OM2-OM4 multimode fiber, or Draka's BendBright family of bend insensitive fibers.