Foundry expands its service provider vision and product portfolio
AUGUST 26, 2008 â�� Foundry Networks Inc. today announced its enhanced end-to-end vision for the service provider market with a suite of new networking products
AUGUST 26, 2008 â�� Foundry Networks Inc. today announced its enhanced end-to-end vision for the service provider market with a suite of new networking products that includes high-density modular and ultra-compact systems as well as a suite of complementary routing and switching solutions that embrace IPv4/IPv6 protocols, Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), Provider Backbone Bridging (PBB), and 10 GbE capabilities.
To expand its end-to-end service provider product portfolio, Foundry introduced the NetIron CES 2000 Series, a one rack unit (1RU) compact edge/aggregation switch with Provider Backbone Bridge (PBB) and 10GbE capabilities. The NetIron CES 2000 Series features high versatility for supporting a wide range of deployments and broad range of applications: Carrier Ethernet services, ISP edge/aggregation, and data-center deployments. Combining the NetIron XMR and MLX Series routers' Virtual Private LAN Services (VPLS) capability with the Provider Backbone Bridge (PBB) / Provider Bridge (PB) functions on the NetIron CES 2000 Series, Foundry delivers a highly scalable infrastructure solution for Carrier Ethernet service delivery. The NetIron CES 2000 Series lowers signaling overhead on the PE router, isolates the PE router from learning customer MAC addresses, and simplifies management at the edge, thereby enabling further Carrier Ethernet services scalability.
The NetIron CES 2000 Series is an advanced solution for the following applications:
- Large-scale Carrier Ethernet build-outs when combined with the NetIron XMR and MLX Series routers;
- High-density aggregation of access devices such as Digital Subscriber Line Access Multiplexers (DSLAM), Passive Optical Network Optical Network Terminals (PON ONT), or Cable Modem Termination Systems (CMTS) at the network edge;
- Edge aggregation switching and routing applications in metro/ISP networks;
- FTTH or FTTB applications with very high SLAs; and
- Data-center top-of-the-rack server access switch in applications where deep buffering is important.
The NetIron CES 2000 Series is priced from $8,495 and will be available in Q4 2008.
Visit Foundry Networks Inc.