Members of the MEF elected the 2018-2019 board of directors at the MEF Annual Members Meeting last week in Nashville, TN. The board is charged with expanding MEF’s community of service providers, technology vendors, and other companies that are committed to building a global ecosystem of automated networks that power MEF 3.0 services. To that end, the group has what the MEF termed “a rigorous roadmap” that will enable on-demand, cloud-centric services with greater user- and application-directed control over network resources and service capabilities.
The MEF Board of Directors comprises representatives from the vendor and service provider realms. The group includes:
- Nan Chen, executive vice chairman, CENX
- Frederick Chui, senior vice president, global data sales and presales, PCCW Global
- Shawn Hakl, senior vice president business products, Verizon
- Aamir Hussain, executive vice president and CTO, CenturyLink
- Scott Mansfield,standardization researcher, Networks, Ericsson
- Kevin O'Toole, senior vice president, product management, Comcast Business
- Roman Pacewicz, chief product officer, AT&T Business
- Ralph Santitoro, head of SDN/NFV/SD-WAN services, Fujitsu Network Communications
- Michael Strople,president, Allstream, managing director - Canada, Zayo Group
- Mirko Voltolini, global head of network on demand, Colt Technology Services
- Rami Yaron, senior director, SDN/NFV solutions, NEC/Netcracker.
In addition, Jean-Claude Geha, senior vice president of international services and technology at Deutsche Telekom, was elected advisory director.
The MEF slate of officers includes:
- Nan Chen, president
- Mike Strople, chairman
- Shawn Hakl, treasurer
- Scott Mansfield, secretary
- Kevin Vachon, chief operating officer
- Pascal Menezes, CTO
- Dan Pitt, senior vice president.
“MEF is pleased to welcome such a powerful group of world-class executives and creative minds to the MEF board. They represent many of the industry’s most prominent business, technology, and thought leaders,” said Chen. “They will bring unique insights and capabilities to advance our Mission – accelerate worldwide adoption of Assured Services across Automated Networks with MEF 3.0.”
For related articles, visit the Education Topic Center.
For more information on high-speed transmission systems and suppliers, visit the Lightwave Buyer’s Guide.