The Technical Committee and Market Awareness and Education Committee Chairs were elected in person at the hybrid Q323 Technical Committee Meeting in Vancouver, Canada. OIF’s Board positions were elected via email ballot.
The new terms began on October 2, 2023.
Joining the OIF Board of Directors are a diversity of optical and data industry veterans from top companies, including Intel, Juniper, Ranovus and TE Connectivity:
· Jeff Hutchins, Ranovus, was re-elected to the Board and continues as Physical & Link Layer (PLL) Working Group – Co-Packaging Vice Chair
· Mike Li, Intel, was re-elected to the Board
· Jeffery Maki, Juniper Networks, was re-elected to the Board and continues as Physical Layer User Group Working Group Chair
· Nathan Tracy, TE Connectivity, was elected to the Board and will serve as President
OIF also announced that three other industry experts will continue to serve in their current positions:
· Ian Betty, Ciena, continues to serve on the Board
· Cathy Liu, Broadcom Inc., continues to serve on the Board and will serve as Vice President
· Gary Nicholl, Cisco, continues to serve on the Board as Secretary/Treasurer and as PLL Working Group – Management Co-Vice Chair
The organization also named several new officers:
· Karl Bois, Nvidia, was elected as Technical Committee Chair
· Dave Brown, Nokia, continues to serve as Director of Communications
· Tom Issenhuth, Huawei Technologies, was elected as Market Awareness & Education Committee Co-Chair, PLL
· Lyndon Ong, Ciena, was re-elected as Market Awareness & Education Committee Co-Chair, Networking
· Klaus-Holger Otto, Nokia, was elected as Technical Committee Vice Chair
“As a member-driven and volunteer-powered organization, these individuals hold pivotal roles in helping advance OIF’s mission to foster innovation and promote interoperability in today’s marketplace,” said Nathan Tracy, President of OIF.
For related articles, visit the Optical Tech Topic Center.
For more information on optical components and suppliers, visit the Lightwave Buyer’s Guide.
To stay abreast of optical communications technology, subscribe to Lightwave’s Enabling Technologies Newsletter.