August 18, 2005 Tukwila, WA -- The Light Brigade has introduced its menu-based "Fiber Optic Cables" DVD, the fifth release in the company's "Staff Development" series.
According to the company, the DVD addresses a range of topics encompassing manufacturing, installation, and cable preparation steps. The production uses on-site filming to show how loose tube and tight tube optical cables and their components are integrated, manufactured, and tested. High-resolution animations illustrate features and details that may be more difficult to understand.
Chapters include cable applications, manufacturing, cable specifications, loose tube cables, tight tube cables, optical ground wire (OPGW), all dielectric self supporting (ADSS) cables, and specialty cables. For installers, the production includes chapters with content on cable preparation, mid-entries, fan-out kits, and cable attachment products.
Special features include student and instructor quizzes. Other topics include:
* Understanding how to interpret cable specifications
* How fibers are cabled from acceptance to final assembly
* Cable manufacturing of loose and tight buffered cables
* How to prepare a fiber-optic cable for installation, splicing, or connectorization
* How to attach a fan-out kit for loose tube cables
* How to perform a mid-entry into loose and tight buffered cable structures
* ADSS and OPGW cables for utility applications
The company's products include variety of fiber-optic training videotapes, CD-ROMs, DVDs, and computer-based training. The company says that over 29,000 attendees have participated in its instructor-led fiber-optic training courses.