GigOptix samples quad driver for 100 Gbps
GigOptix, Inc. (OTCQX: GGOX) says it has delivered engineering samples of its GX62452, a surface mounted technology (SMT) Mach Zehnder modulator (MZM) quad driver designed with integrated GPPO outputs for 100-Gbps DWDM metro and long-haul optical transmitters.
GigOptix identifies the following as key features of the GX62452:
- Data rate up to 32.5 Gbps for use in 100G dual polarity quadrature phase-shift keying (DP-QPSK)
- Coplanar differential inputs compatible with industry-standard surface mounted 100G multiplexers
- GPPO connectorized outputs compatible with “market leading” 100-Gbps DP-QPSK MZMs
- Low RMS jitter degradation
- Single-ended output form 7 Vpp
- Integrated temperature sensor and bias -T networks
- Adjustable output amplitude and eye cross point.
“We are very excited to announce the successful engineering introduction of the GX62452, our latest 100G MZM driver,” commented Andrea Betti-Berutto, GigOptix CTO. “This driver development was completed at the request of and in close cooperation with Tier 1 customers to simplify their system designs.
“The solution integrates GigOptix’s high-performance 100G quad driver and an SMT-to-GPPO transition into a single small form factor solution,” Betti-Berutto continued. “This multi-function integration within the GX62452 not only optimizes signal performance but also significantly simplifies the customer’s design, shrinking the system size and reducing the labor required to manufacture the system hence lowering costs. Moreover, due to the excellent performance of this innovative SMT package, we now expect to use it for future generations of 400-Gbps and 1-Tbps driver solutio