Omron Network Products optical subsystem supports HDMI, USB, Ethernet
Omron Network Products, LLC has unveiled the latest addition to its SX51 optical subsystem family for multichannel video and data transmission. The SX51-02E transmitter and receiver modules can support HDMI, USB 1.1, and Ethernet over five transmit lanes and one receive lane on a single multimode fiber.
- Compatibility with HDMI-compliant sources and sinks
- Accepts TMDS inputs directly into its 40-pin plug-down connector
- Support for USB 1.1 peripheral interconnect functionality
- Support for 10/100 Ethernet networking functionality
- Support for HDCP/EDID/CEC/ARC consumer electronics functionality
- Support for infrared pass-through, from the sink to the source
- Automatic laser disable upon fiber disconnect.
"Like many of our top products, the 02E subsystem was developed directly from customer input and underscores our commitment to delivering powerful functionality but also flexibility," noted Martin Smith, director of marketing, ONP. "The 02E maintains the same easy-to-use integrated 'pluggable' form factor customers rely on, while surpassing competing optical modules with true USB 1.1, error-free Ethernet, and broad product and signal compatibility, including HDMI and HDCP. Ultimately, the end customer experiences flawless transmission of high-definition video and data, all over a single, low-cost fiber."
The SX51-02E subsystem is available now.
For more information on optical components and suppliers, visit the Lightwave Buyer’s Guide.