CiDRA Corp.'s Specialty Fiber Services business has announced a line of specialty fiber products that it claims will lead the industry in price-performance metrics. The new fiber offerings target optical sensing and optical component fabrication and manufacturing applications.
These products include:
• 980/1550-nm singlemode fiber with high dimensional tolerances for device pigtailing and packaging
• 980/1550-nm fused coupler fiber with a special glass dopant profile to yield stable, repeatable optical performance during the fusion-tapering process
• 830-nm and 1550-nm sensor grade polarization maintaining (PM) fibers with reduced 80- µ cladding diameter and an extended operating range coating system
• 980-nm and 1550-nm telecom grade polarization maintaining (PM) fibers with standard 125- µ cladding diameter and matched mode parameters to standard telecom fiber
• High non-linear (HNL) fiber ideally suited for discrete Raman gain elements and distributed Brillouin temperature sensing
In addition to the catalog offerings, CiDRA provides fiber fabrication service to OEM customers working on advanced applications such as radiation resistant and micro-structured fiber, as well as supplying fiber preforms and precision quartz capillary. CiDRA Specialty Fiber Services also applies its Bragg grating technology to deliver OEM solutions that couple specialty fiber designs with advanced Bragg grating devices.
For more information about CiDRA Corp. (Wallingford, CT), visit the company's Web site at www.cidra.com.