Coriant said it has introduced a Multi-Sided Platform Partner Program to extend the Coriant portfolio's service value. The new partner program builds on Coriant's open, software-centric network transformation method, the optical transport systems vendor says.
The systems house says its new partner ecosystem combines innovation with lifecycle service management capabilities to help network operators accelerate the introduction of differentiated end-user services and applications. Coriant plans to use Mobile World Congress 2018 to highlight how its partners' technologies complement the Coriant Hyperscale Carrier Architecture and Coriant Transcend Software Suite in such areas as mobility, IoT, cloud, data center, video optimization, security, and multi-access edge compute (MEC). The demonstrations will include:
· Open, SDN-programmable NG-PON2 access with ADTRAN. The two companies will show how the Coriant Transcend Symphony Transport Controller can combine with ADTRAN‘s Mosaic software-defined access platform to enable scalable, CORD-based multi-layer, multi-domain provisioning of converged residential broadband, SLA-based enterprise, and 5G front/backhaul services.
· Plug and play technology for mobility and IoT with Bluechip Systems. The two companies will show end-to-end support for secure computation, storage, and communication to an array of devices.
· Video optimization tools with Crunch Media Works. The combined capabilities will provide 30 to 80% smaller videos than most in the industry, while maintaining quality, says Coriant. The patent-pending, codec-agnostic technology uses machine learning and automates the process of encoding parameter selection for a video based on its content.
· Distributed compute capabilities based on a liquid immersion cooling approach from Engineered Fluids. The approach cuts power by as much as 60%, increases density by up to 80%, and extends the reach of high-powered MEC, Coriant says.
· A cloud-based spectrum controller from Federated Wireless. The approach supports software-defined spectrum through a cloud-based Spectrum Access System (SAS) to enableshared spectrum possibilities on CBRS 3.5 GHz and future wireless bands.
· Streamlined MEC, data centers, and IoT asset deployment and management with physical and virtual 3-D visualization tool from nuPSYS. The tool supports data center modeling, planning, and operations for predictable deployment of distributed compute capabilities, remote surveillance cameras for MEC, data centers, and IoT, according to Coriant.
· AnNFV approach with Openwave Mobility that enables mobile operators to manage and monetize IP traffic (encrypted and unencrypted) at a low total cost of ownership.
Coriant says its Multi-Sided Platform program offers customers a flexible co-creation business model. The program also offers:
· Ecosystem orchestration, solution testing, system integration, installation, and commissioning.
· Product definition, CRM, sales training, collateral, co-marketing, and demand generation.
· Collaborative sales planning and support for service provider sales channels and enterprise resellers.
· Lifecycle support and management and orchestration.
For related articles, visit the Network Design Topic Center.
For more information on high-speed transmission systems and suppliers, visit the Lightwave Buyer's Guide.