Phoenix Photonics of the UK says it plans to unveil a new multi-channel “plug and play” polarization controller at ECOC, which will be held in Geneva starting September 18. The new polarization controller will support polarization management in up to four independent channels simultaneously, according to the company.
The polarization controller will serve as the first product in Phoenix Photonics’ Firebird line of instrumentation equipment. It will leverage the company’s all-fiber, three-waveplate polarization controller/scanner technology.
Phoenix says that features of the polarization controller will include:
- Microprocessor-based control of each individual waveplate
- PC interface, with USB, RS-232, and GPIB and Ethernet as options
- All-fiber technology
- Programmable waveforms, including sine, square, ramp, and user-defined
- Random scrambling option
- Optional channel count up to four
- Benchtop or 19" rack models
- Front-panel manual control option
"With Firebird, we have responded to customer requests to provide plug-and-play instruments incorporating the already-successful Phoenix components, and our modular approach will give us the flexibility to provide further developments as we move forward," said Phoenix Photonics CEO Dr Ian Giles.