JDSU has unveiled a FiberComplete version of the T-BERD/MTS-4000 that combines the capabilities of 10 instruments into one. The new offering is designed to enable technicians to use a single fiber-optic test instrument to install, turn up, and maintain metro and access point-to-point or point-to-multipoint (PON) networks.
JDSU highlight the following as feature of FiberComplete:
- Lowers capital expenses by reducing the number of instruments that technicians must carry into the field
- Reduces operational expenses and minimizes training time with a simple, automated measurement process
- Provides reliable measurements using a single connection port combined with a fully automated process and easily readable results
- Minimizes testing time by 40 percent with fewer connections and disconnections, automatic continuity check, and an intelligent fault finder
- Optimizes workflow by compiling test results into one complete cable view and automatically storing all measurements in one folder.
FiberComplete is the first test resource of its kind to automatically perform bidirectional insertion loss (IL) and optical return loss (ORL), distance, and optical time domain reflectometry (OTDR) with one module, from one optical port, JDSU asserts. It is the only loss test set on the market that can characterize splices and connectors as well as locate faults, the company further claims.
JDSU says that a major independent service provider has already chosen JDSU FiberComplete for its technicians.