JDSU adds to ONT family of testers
MARCH 3, 2009 -- JDSU has announced new products for its ONT Optical Network Testers. The new ONT products will be on display at CeBIT 2009 in Hannover, Germany, March 3-8 (Hall 13, stand B20).
MARCH 3, 2009 -- JDSU (search Lightwave for JDSU) has announced new products for its ONT Optical Network Testers. The new ONT products will be on display at CeBIT 2009 in Hannover, Germany, March 3-8 (Hall 13, stand B20).
The ONT family of testers is designed to provide test applications for design, development, conformance test, system verification, production, integration, support, troubleshooting, and maintenance. The ONT family includes the ONT-503 (lightweight, portable, three slots), ONT-506 (portable, six slots), and ONT-512 (rack-mounted, 12 slots).
Technical features of the new additions to the ONT family of testers include:
- enhancements to the existing OTN Multiplexing ODU2 in OTU3 that now supports ODU1 signal structure in OTU2 as well as in OTU3, including the portability of developed automation programs from the 43G OTN environment to the 10.7G OTN environment and vice-versa
- wrapper and de-wrapper support for telecom services, including SDH, SONET, and related multi-channel applications as well as 10G Fibre Channel
- TDEV white noise wander generation according Telcordia and ITU-T on line-rate and BITS/SETS
- a Wander Transfer Function (WTF) offering wander transfer measurements according to Telcordia GR-253 or ITU-T G.813
- MTJ and JTF enhancements (tolerance masks according to the latest ITU-T G.825, G.8251, G.783).
Many of the new products are offered as enhancements to existing modules.
For more fiber optic testing news and resources, visit the Test & Measurement Resource Center