GL enhances OC-3/STM-1 analyzer hardware and software
AUGUST 26, 2009 -- GL Communications Inc. has released the Ultra OC-3/STM-1 card, a test instrument for testing SONET/SDH signals.
AUGUST 26, 2009 -- GL Communications Inc. (search Lightwave for GL Communications) has released the Ultra OC-3/STM-1 card, a test instrument for testing SONET/SDH signals.
"The Ultra OC-3 / STM-1 Card plugs into a PCI PC expansion slot for analyzing, testing, simulating, and monitoring OC-3/STM-1 and STS-1/STM-0 signals," says Vijay Kulkarni, chief executive officer of GL Communications. "The card can add and drop T1, E1, T3, STS-1/STM-0, and bulk filled signals to and from an OC-3/STM-1 signal or T1 and E1 signals to and from an STS-1/STM-0 signal. The card can also generate BERT [bit-error-rate test] patterns, internally in all framing modes and perform stress test and performance analysis. SDH and SONET alarms can be monitored and logged in real time."
The tester includes Windows NT/2000/XP software and features SONET/SDH alarm generation, error injection and detection capability, overhead monitoring features, and full compatibility with GL's T1, E1, and T3 test products. It is suited for installation, maintenance, commissioning, verification, and manufacturing of SONET/SDH transport networks and network equipment.
Other features include:
- ability to control the OC-3/STM-1 card either locally or remotely
- automation through scripting
- the same intelligent parsing and messaging system used by GL's T1/E1 client-server
- control of multiple OC-3/STM-1 cards using the same command
- wild card and sequential operators available in the command syntax allow the technician to configure and control multiple elements of the test set using a fewer command lines
- free client software (with source code) is available for download
- custom TCP/IP clients can be developed in any programming language to integrate into an existing test program