MAY 29, 2009 -- Telecom Engineering USA, Inc. (search Lightwave for Telecom Engineering) unveiled its new CWDM Lite Laser Source, a standalone test source with outputs at all 18 CWDM channels. It is used to characterize fiber span loss for CWDM deployment or to determine fiber span attenuation versus wavelength curve. It is also helpful in troubleshooting individual CWDM channel issues or to identify fiber micro bend loss, the company says.
Telecom Engineering lists the following as features of the device:
- laser outputs at all 18 CWDM channels, 1271 nm to 1611 nm.
- each channel power is individually adjustable
- easy to use; requires no configuration.
- portable or 1-RMU 19- and 23-inch rack mounting option available
- 120/240 Vac or -48 Vdc power input
- 3-year warranty
- What the company describes as a "great price."
Visit Telecom Engineering
For more fiber optic testing news and resources, visit the Test & Measurement Resource Center