MARCH 16, 2007 - Test and measurement equipment provider Sunrise Telecom Inc. (search for Sunrise Telecom) now offers the Scalable Test Toolkit Metro Module (STT Metro), a complete Ethernet test set "ideal for verifying the backbone of triple-play services," according to the company. Optimized for field testing, the STT Metro offers a comprehensive range of Ethernet traffic generation and diagnostic capabilities for service installation, turn-up, and verification.
"The STT Metro brings the same high-end applications found in the STT Ethernet 10GE to 10/100M and Gigabit rates, speeding installation and turn-up, bringing new services to end users quickly and reducing overall deployment costs," says Patrick Riley, product marketing manager at Sunrise Telecom.
The self-contained toolkit module tests network and service quality across a variety of simultaneously stressed parameters. The unit verifies the Ethernet backbone used to supply triple-play services and is a critical tool for installing Ethernet network elements including switches, routers, DWDM, and next-generation SONET/SDH (GFP Ethernet over SONET/SDH).
High-powered traffic generation and measurements meet the requirements of any high-performance network. Sunrise Telecom says STT Metro's intuitive interface and service-oriented design reduce configuration and testing time, speeding deployment and cutting costs. Field technicians can make pass/fail, go/no-go decisions at any point during installation.
STT Metro's key test capabilities include the following:
- Advanced quality-of-service testing allows the unit to quickly and reliably verify up to 64 simultaneous services and traffic types (data, voice, and video) based on bandwidth, priority, and type of service.
- Q-in-Q testing generates and monitors traffic for accuracy in a network utilizing stacked VLAN.
- Packet capture quickly confirms and diagnoses network issues by identifying and decoding VLAN, IP, and higher-layer traffic.
- Four- and eight-port configurations reduce testing time and enable multiport load testing of network elements.
- MPLS testing generates and monitors traffic in a network utilizing MPLS over Ethernet.
Sunrise Telecom plans to debut The Metro at CeBit Hall 13, Booth C-43, March 15-21, 2007.
Visit Sunrise Telecom