Electrical test and measurement supplier FormFactor, Inc. (NASDAQ:FORM) said that it has deployed the Cascade CM300xi, an integrated CM300xi probing system for wafer-level testing of silicon photonics (SiPh) devices at the Singapore facilities of GLOBALFOUNDRIES. Teams from GLOBALFOUNDRIES, FormFactor, and Keysight collaborated in the installation to assure the system will address engineering requirements and provide high throughput in volume production.
FormFactor says its Cascade CM300xi system can be combined with Keysight Technologies' line of photonics application measurement software to deliver what it asserts are the first automated alignment and simultaneous optical-optical and optical-electrical device test capabilities in the industry. The system includes the following features:
- Customized scripting and test programs to develop the system for rapid measurements that are accurate.
- Keysight's high speed, single sweep polarization-dependent-loss (PDL) test, enabling accuracy and repeatability testing without the need for prior polarization alignment.
- Six-axis automated optical fiber positioning for precision alignment.
- Two-stage solution for coarse alignment, as well as fine alignment.
- Optical alignment algorithms combined with high-speed hardware control to reduce test times.
- FormFactor's SiPh software for integration with Keysight's photonics applications line and optical instrumentation.
"GF's silicon photonics leverages standard silicon manufacturing techniques to improve production efficiency and reduce cost for customers deploying optical interconnect systems," said Jeffrey Lam, vice president of product, test and failure analysis, at GLOBALFOUNDRIES. "We're excited to be at the forefront in deploying new test capabilities, including wafer level solutions to ramp this important technology."
For related articles, visit the Test & Measurement Topic Center.
For more information on test instruments and suppliers, visit the Lightwave Buyer's Guide.